Buy Why Diets Make Us Fat here: http://amzn.to/29NxAG2
If you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 1O2 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 5:10 – Why did you write this book? What motivated you to write this book Why Diets Make Us Fat?
- 6:15 – Do you personally have a history of dieting or “healthy eating”?
- 7:50 – How do diets make us fat?
- 11:00 – How did they convince teenage girls that they didn’t need to lose weight amidst the constant messages of today?
- 12:30 – What is the difference between willpower and biology?
- 16:45 – Aside from dieting, what are some common predictors of weight gain?
- 18:00 – What are some of the problems with weight loss studies?
- 20:40 – What cultural changes have contributed to our health and weight issues?
- 22:30 – What’s the relationship between dieting and eating disorders? Is dieting itself disordered or does dieting make eating disorders more likely?
- 24:00 – What is weight bias and where does it show up? How does weight discrimination show up, like in medicine and such?
- 27:45 – Does stress make us overeat? How impactful is stress on our health?
- 31:00 – Can you talk about the gut bacteria and other things that can cause weight gain?
- 34:15 – How common is body dissatisfaction? Where does it come from?
- 35:15 – Can you tell us the story of Anamarie Regino?
- 40:30 – What’s the title of your Ted Talk?
- 47:00 – How can people follow what you’re up to?