This is episode 36 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interviewed Dr. Jonathan Fass. Dr. Fass is a physical therapist who blogs at Jonathan Fass.com and runs the Strength of Evidence podcast. Dr. Fass has also contributed to Men’s Health, Men’s Fitness, and Mind & Muscle magazines.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 36 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- How did you get your job?
- How long will you be there?
- What is Evidence Based Practice?
- What about claims that following research means you’re behind the times?
- What does current research say about pain? Are we talking chronic or acute pain?
- What’s the deal with low back pain? Is it really that common?
- So is fear some sort of evolutionary protective mechanism?
- What’s the deal with CrossFit? Is it really as injury prone as it seems?
- Is it smart to be a little bit conservative in our approach?
- What is mobility and who needs to do it?
- What are some myths about posture?
- What does the evidence suggest regarding sitting shortening hip flexors? Do hip flexors contribute to back pain or hip problems?
- What’s actually changing when someone does a dynamic or static stretch?
- What about high heels? It seems logical that this type of position is bad. Do high heels actually affect joints and muscles of the leg?
- What can you suggest for people to treat Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness? Contrast baths? Foam rolling?
- Can you talk about the pros and cons of foam rolling?
- If you could suggest a couple pieces of positive advice to the fitness industry, what would you suggest to help the industry do better?
- Do you have any resources you could point people to so they can learn to read research?
- Does sugar cause inflammation and pain?
Strength of Evidence podcast (http://strengthofevidence.com)
Let us know what you think in the comments