This is episode 39 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interviewed Evelyn Kocur of The CarbSane Asylum about the concepts of food restriction and food addiction. Evelyn is a professor of math and chemistry with a background as a research scientist.
We also get some opinions from her on Gary Taubes and the insulin hypothesis, eating disorders, low-carb, and nutritional ketosis.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 39 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- What does the name of your new book “Restriction Addiction” mean?
- Are these physiological or psychological addictions?
- What about the idea that the same reward systems are activated between food and street drugs?
- Did your own background with an eating disorder give you the idea for this book?
- What’s your opinion on Gary Taubes?
- Is insulin a fat-storing hormone and is that its primary job?
- What is NuSi?
- Do low-carb diets require you to eat fewer and fewer carbs to lose additional weight or maintain weight loss?
- What are your thoughts on people misrepresenting traditional diets to further their diet dogma?
- What do people need to know to break the restriction/addiction cycle?
The CarbSane Asylum (http://carbsanity.blogspot.com/)
Let us know what you think in the comments