This is episode 57 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interviewed Ashley Palmer of Youtrition.net. Ashley is a Registered Nurse and holds a Masters degree in Nutrition. She has experience and a passion for eating disorder treatment.
On Youtrition.net, you can get Ashley’s free ebook with tips and the process to develop intuitive eating skills. Plus she has a lot of recipes that look really good.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 57 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 0:25 – Who are you? What do you do?
- 0:45 – What do you mean by “people that want to stop dieting”?
- 1:20 – Do the people that you work with tend to be new to dieting or chronic dieters?
- 1:50 – What do you mean by people “feeling trapped”?
- 2:30 – Where does the problem lie? Is it in the diet itself? Is it in the mindset of the person? Why do so many people fail at dieting?
- 4:40 – When you get a new client, how do you help them transition from disordered eating to intuitive normal eating?
- 6:00 – Are there people that are predisposed to eating disorders that get into dieting?
- 7:40 – Does dieting push people towards eating disorders?
- 8:30 – What do you suggest for people that want to lose weight, like people that don’t have a history of dieting or disordered habits? How do people get sustainable weight loss?
- 10:00 – Do you think sometimes there are metabolic or hormonal issues?
- 11:00 – How does our environment dictate what and when we eat?
- 12:00 – So you suggest just being mindful of what you’re eating instead of going on a diet with a long list of foods to avoid?
- 13:15 – What can people do to avoid gaining weight after “dieting”?
- 14:45 – Why do the vast majority of people regain lost weight? Why don’t diets set people up for permanent weight loss?
- 18:45 – You recently wrote an article on Mind Body Green that got like 11,000 shares. Why do you think it went viral like that?
- 20:20 – Where does guilt and shame come from in regards to food?
- 22:30 – If someone wants to lose weight and/or get healthy, how do they do that without obsessing about their weight? Should they weigh themselves?
- 23:45 – If someone wants to lose weight, how do they create their deficit? Should they eliminate any certain foods?
- 26:35 – What does “imperfect eating” mean? Doesn’t that imply that there is “perfect eating”?
- 28:10 – What do you suggest to your clients about exercise?
- 30:00 – What did you do throughout your pregnancy? Did you exercise or change how you eat?
- 34:45 – What do you think about willpower? Do people really need willpower?
- 37:00 – How do people overcome emotional eating? What does “emotional eating” mean?
- 38:30 – What are your favorite desserts?
- 40:20 – What is the oddest food you’ve craved while you’ve been pregnant?
- 41:00 – If you could reform or upgrade the fitness industry, what two improvements would you make?
5 Secrets of Naturally Thin People + How I Became One ( http://tinyurl.com/lwg86vo )
How Much Willpower Do You Really Need? ( http://youtrition.net/willpower/ )