This is episode 59 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interviewed Tony Ingram of BBoy Science.com. Tony is a Physical Therapist and is starting a PhD program in Neuroscience soon. Tony has ideas on dealing with knee pain and the value of stretching.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 59 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 1:00 – Where are you and what do you do?
- 1:50 – Is there a particular area of neuroscience that you’re focusing on and what are you planning to do with that?
- 3:40 – You just wrote a book on Patellofemoral Syndrome. How did that come about?
- 6:40 – What is the deal with stretching? Is it good or bad?
- 11:35 – How do you know if you need more flexibility?
- 13:30 – What are the different types of stretching and what are their purposes?
- 17:00 – What about hypermobility?
- 19:40 – You say that skill is in your brain and that rhythm can be learned. Is rhythm innate?
- 24:25 – Knee pain is a common issue. What is patellofemoral syndrome and why does it happen so often?
- 32:00 – What do you think about foam rolling the IT band? What is the IT band?
- 35:40 – What about foam rolling in general?
- 38:00 – What would you suggest for people that develop knee pain?
- 43:00 – What about plantar fasciitis?
- 46:15 – How did you get into dancing? Have you been doing it all your life?
- 52:00 – What do you have coming up for the near future?
- 53:35 – If you could suggest to the fitness industry positive advice, how can the industry do better?