This is episode 60 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Joy Victoria of Fitness Baddies. Joy is a Personal Trainer, training people both in person and online.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 60 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 1:00 – Are you a trainer? What do you do?
- 1:20 – What are the main topics and most controversial topics on your blog?
- 2:30 – What’s your training philosophy?
- 3:30 – What’s your background in sports and fitness?
- 5:00 – What methods do you use in training? Strength, metcon, cardio?
- 6:40 – What is the difference between strength training and metabolic conditioning?
- 8:00 – What do you recommend in terms of nutrition?
- 9:25 – Is your typical client a beginner?
- 10:20 – What do you suggest for beginners? How do they find a good coach?
- 12:30 – If a beginner comes and has vague goals like “I want to get stronger” or “I want to tone up,” how do you work out a plan for them?
- 15:10 – Regarding Facebook and other social media, what do you find most frustrating about health and fitness information?
- 18:00 – What was the theme of your sugar article that you said was so controversial?
- 23:40 – Do you have any thoughts on counting calories or macronutrients? Are there any trends in the diet industry that you think are good or encouraging?
- 27:15 – What are your thoughts on high-fat, low-carb diets? What about for beginners and/or women?
- 32:30 – How do you help your clients manage their expectations?
- 36:25 – What do trainers need to know about training women?
- 40:00 – How do you program rest and recovery, deloading, and full breaks? What about differences for beginners, intermediates, etc?
- 43:40 – You had an article called “Fitness For Dummies: Actually Practical Tips”. Can you give a brief overview of that?
- 49:55 – If you could suggest some positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?
- 51:00 – How do people find out what you’re up to?