As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 62 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 1:15 – You recently wrote an article called “Stress: The Silent Killer of Gains”. Can you summarize how stress affects fitness?
- 9:20 – In your article, you mention that physical fatigue follows psychological fatigue.
- 16:00 – What are some common mistakes that beginners make?
- 20:30 – How can intermediate and advanced lifters gauge their intensity?
- 25:10 – How can people implement Heart Rate Variability?
- 27:40 – How can subjective experience be used to individualize training and recovery?
- 33:00 – What about deloading and taking rests? How do people know when they need to deload and how do they do it?
- 38:30 – What about overtraining and backing people down after personal records?
- 43:35 – What are some common misconceptions about overtraining and recovery?
- 46:10 – You used a great Compass vs Road Map analogy. Can you elaborate on that?
- 51:30 – If you could suggest some positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?