This is episode 68 of Evil Sugar Radio. We’re covering a variety of topics in current events and listener questions. This show talks about sugar addiction, new information on the real Paleolithic diet, and how to survive “Survive the Holiday” messages.
From our listeners, we have questions on how to give advice to people that didn’t ask for it, soy, and counting calories and weight management.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 68 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 0:25 – Intro & A Question for Listeners
- 3:00 – Current Events
- 3:00 – John Oliver on Sugar Addiction
- 6:20 – NYC Rats
- 7:10 – New Information on The Real Paleo Diet
- 10:15 – Michael Twitty on Cultural Appropriation
- 11:50 – Could Bilingualism Be Good For Your Brain?
- 13:00 – Why Do We Criticize?
- 23:30 – This Week In “What Not To Do”
- 23:30 – How To Survive The Holidays
- 44:00 – Fat Discrimination
- 50:50 – Listener Questions
- 50:50 – Strongman Competition in Virginia
- 51:40 – Keto & Cancer
- 57:10 – Giving Advice to People That Didn’t Ask
- 1:06:40 – Our Thoughts on Isogenix
- 1:07:40 – Our Thoughts on Soy
- 1:12:00 – 2 Questions on Calories & Weight Management
- 1:31:30 – Wrap-Up
John Oliver dissects America’s dangerous sugar addiction ( http://tinyurl.com/ngnx7j2 )
Scientists Fine 18 New Viruses on NYC Rats ( http://tinyurl.com/oy2b5a5 )
Paleo Diet May Have Included Some Sweets, Carbs ( http://tinyurl.com/lepbxxd )
UBC archaeologist weighs in on forensic cases and the Paleo diet ( http://tinyurl.com/nl94j86 )
Michael Twitty on culinary justice ( http://tinyurl.com/nmfydvh )
Variety makes you (mentally) fit ( http://tinyurl.com/nqredul )
Validation of the flexible and rigid control dimensions of dietary restraint ( http://tinyurl.com/on4boco )
For women, being 13 pounds overweight means losing $9,000 a year in salary ( http://tinyurl.com/ojj83a7 )
The Science of Fat Shaming ( http://tinyurl.com/onpqa77 )
New Facebook Tools Make It Easier to Fine-Tune Your News Feed ( http://tinyurl.com/no7grcd )
Victoria’s Secret Has Changed Its “Perfect Body” Slogan After A Body-Shaming Backlash ( http://tinyurl.com/ncbxfys )
VA Strongman Competition ( http://tinyurl.com/prl9u82 )
Examine.com – Soy Isoflavones ( http://tinyurl.com/orjebde )