This is episode 70 of Evil Sugar Radio. We’re covering a variety of topics in current events and listener questions. This week, we’re going to talk about biohacking, autoimmune diseases, and a couple of new documentaries about sugar.
A couple of weeks ago, we asked a question about the expert complex and had a great discussion. This week, we want you to give us your thoughts on this:
What is the #1 thing that annoys you online/social media regarding the fitness/diet industry? How can we (you and us) understand the problem better and provide better solutions?
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 70 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 0:25 – Intro
- 1:05 – Current Events
- 1:05 – Biohacking
- 2:00 – Autoimmune Diseases Are Due To Self-Hatred
- 7:15 – Two New Documentaries: That Sugar Film & Origins
- 21:00 – What Sugar Does To Your Body
- 29:30 – Do We Need Another Weight Loss App?
- 37:30 – Fasted Cardio
- 42:00 – A Question To Listeners
- 42:00 – Last Week: The Expert Complex
- 49:00 – This Week: What Annoys You About Social Media?
- 50:30 – This Week In Comic Mischief: How To Handle Your Cravings
- 58:15 – Listener Questions
- 58:15 – Staying On Track While Traveling
- 1:07:20 – Females & Body Fat Levels
- 1:21:00 – Obesity & Eating Disorders
- 1:38:00 – Wrap-Up
Life Hacks: Improving Your Own Shit ( http://adult-mag.com/lifehacks/ )
Autoimmune Disease & Self-Hatred ( http://tinyurl.com/n4q9orl )
Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolski ( http://amzn.to/1zUCXHA )
David Wolfe video ( http://tinyurl.com/mpjl5mk )
Sugar Is Not Toxic ( http://tinyurl.com/lun7kxy )
Body composition changes associated with fasted versus non-fasted aerobic exercise ( http://tinyurl.com/ktu8umr )
Body fat, menarche, fitness and fertility ( http://tinyurl.com/pv4jrsx )
Fertility fears for women who stay too slim ( http://tinyurl.com/pclgts3 )
Fat, Fertility, Exercise and Cancer Linked, Says Frisch ( http://tinyurl.com/oybgq8g )
Infertility alert for thin women ( http://tinyurl.com/puhgyb2 )
“Eating addiction”, rather than “food addiction”, better captures addictive-like eating behavior ( http://tinyurl.com/qg5udfh )
Your Eatopia ( http://www.youreatopia.com/ )
Science of Eating Disorders ( http://www.scienceofeds.org/ )
Teens who beat obesity at risk for eating disorders ( http://tinyurl.com/narhfgc )
Americans love the Thanksgiving myth. But food folklore masks a painful reality ( http://tinyurl.com/l2hezjb )