This is episode 71 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Kurtis Frank from Examine.com about the research on marijuana. This is a popular topic with political changes happening in the US, so we want to examine the pros, the cons, the myths, and the realities of marijuana.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 71 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 2:00 – Who are you and what do you do?
- 2:45 – How did you get into this?
- 3:55 – How did you get into researching marijuana?
- 4:30 – What is your opinion on Americans and marijuana?
- 6:20 – What about the alternative medicine claims of marijuana curing diseases? What about symptom management?
- 7:30 – What’s wrong with using the word cure?
- 9:10 – What do we know for sure when it comes to medical use of marijuana?
- 10:50 – Are there more specifics to the anti-inflammatory effects?
- 13:30 – Where does individuality come into play?
- 16:45 – Besides inflammation and appetite, what other beneficial medical effects does marijuana have? (Diabetes, Pain Management, Anxiety)
- 20:00 – I’ve heard people say that marijuana isn’t physically addictive, only mentally addictive. Thoughts?
- 21:15 – How do we define recreational vs heavy use? At what point are there concerns of long-term side effects?
- 22:30 – What about side effects? Paranoia, cancer, anterior cingulate cortex? Blood pressure, heart rate?
- 31:50 – What about the effects on short-term and long-term memory?
- 33:40 – I’ve seen research showing that marijuana is less harmful than most other drugs, most importantly alcohol. Truth or rumor?
- 35:30 – Best methods of partaking in festivities? Smoking, eating, vaporizing?
- 38:00 – What about performance enhancement?
- 41:00 – What about marijuana and epilepsy/seizures?
- 42:30 – In current events, we’re seeing (in the US) increasing legalization. What other trends are we seeing?
- 43:40 – As we have increasing legalization, will we get better medical research?
- 45:40 – How do we know who to trust or who to listen to?
- 47:35 – Can you talk about the Examine.com page?
A new study suggests alcohol is more harmful than heroin or crack ( http://tinyurl.com/27wjuvc )
Marijuana on Cancer.org ( http://tinyurl.com/bqrhwgc )
Marijuana on Examine.com ( http://examine.com/supplements/Marijuana/ )