This is episode 76 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Jessie Mundell of www.jessiemundell.com. Jessie is a trainer specializing in fitness for women during and after pregnancy. This show is packed with good information for both trainers and women who are or are planning to get pregnant.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 76 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 1:00 – Who are you? What do you do?
- 2:15 – What is the program through the Personal Training Development Center (PTDC) about?
- 3:40 – What is the key issue that people need to consider for women that are pregnant? What is the key problem that you’re solving?
- 5:40 – What are some of the biggest myths about fitness and pregnancy?
- 8:25 – Can you talk about some of the recent internet memes with fitness moms and their “What’s your excuse?” What are your thoughts on the “post-baby body” thing?
- 12:25 – Why should women strength train throughout pregnancy?
- 16:00 – Can you talk about some movements that are not safe during pregnancy?
- 18:30 – Is it okay to train your abs during pregnancy?
- 19:50 – What is Diastasis Recti (DRA)? How do you prevent or repair it?
- 23:00 – How do you change the training program when a woman gets pregnant or when she’s planning to get pregnant?
- 25:45 – What is incontinence? Is incontinence normal in pregnancy? How can women deal with this issue in pregnancy?
- 31:20 – What about basic movements like deadlifting and squatting? Are there any contraindications?
- 33:00 – What about weight loading? How much do you lighten the load?
- 34:40 – Is there a point in pregnancy that you have a woman stop training or do you have them train right up until labor?
- 35:35 – What are the key takeaways for our listeners?
- 38:00 – How do you think the fitness industry, as a whole, can do better to improve the quality of life for people?
- 39:45 – Tell our listeners about your products.