This is episode 83 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Dean Somerset. Dean is a strength coach and trainer with great ideas on advanced training concepts.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 83 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 1:20 – What is your new product Advanced Core Training and who is it for?
- 3:45 – What do the pelvic floor and diaphragm mean for people outside of high performance athletics?
- 5:35 – How would you know if you have diaphragm or pelvic floor issues?
- 7:00 – Can you explain your core training continuum?
- 8:40 – What do you do in cases of chronic illness?
- 12:00 – Do you have any suggestions for trainers on how to develop a relationship with medical professionals?
- 15:30 – Can you tell us about your core training matrix?
- 17:00 – What are your thoughts on things like Swiss balls?
- 19:30 – What are your thoughts on mobility work?
- 22:45 – What about butt wink?
- 27:10 – Can you share some tips for deadlifting?
- 34:40 – What about the Functional Movement Screen?
- 38:10 – Why do you think pushups are awesome and are they awesome for everyone?
- 41:00 – What are your thoughts on stretching?
- 44:50 – Do you see many men or women with hypermobility issues?
- 46:00 – What about motivation? How do you keep your clients motivated?
- 52:20 – Can you give one simple piece of advice for the fitness industry to improve how we serve our clients?