This is episode 88 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Tony Gentilcore of Tony Gentilcore.com. Tony is the co-founder of Cressey Sports Performance, as well as a strength coach and consultant who trains top-level athletes and contributes to fitness magazines.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 88 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 2:50 – Why is it important for people to know about good and bad trainers? What are the 5 worst types of trainers?
- 4:30 – What are the 6 reasons you’re always hurt?
- 8:15 – What are your thoughts on shoulder injuries?
- 20:00 – On the topic of assessments, which ones are useful and which do you think are useless?
- 25:00 – Are there exercises that everyone should be doing?
- 30:00 – The stupid stuff you find in every gym
- 35:30 – Why should new trainers work in a commercial gym for a few years first?
- 37:10 – Do you have any suggestions for non-trainers when designing a program? What are some common mistakes and important aspects to include?
- 41:25 – What about stress and toxic hostility? How is it related to exercise and what are the consequences of stress on your fitness?
- 49:20 – Where can people follow you?