This is our interview with Stephan Guyenet of Whole Health Source.
If you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 94 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode: ADD 50 SECONDS
- 0:00 – Tell us about yourself.
- 1:00 – What’s your new book, The Hungry Brain, about?
- 2:00 – Is there hopeful news in the obesity field?
- 4:10 – What factors are involved in hunger, appetite regulation, and eating?
- 6:20 – What is the body’s set point and is there something wrong with it in obese people?
- 14:15 – Is losing weight more complex than “eat less, move more”? How much voluntary control do we have over our weight?
- 16:45 – How does advertising affect our desire to eat, particularly with kids?
- 18:30 – How likely is someone to go from being obese to being lean?
- 22:15 – What is insulin resistance and diabetes? How is the brain involved?
- 34:30 – Dr. Lustig says that sugar is killing us all. Some say that sugar is 8 times more addictive than cocaine. What’s your opinion?
- 47:10 – There is a BBC documentary called Why Are Thin People Not Fat? Have you seen it and what’s your opinion?
- 53:00 – What is the deal with the gut, the microbiota, and freeze-dried poop pills?
- 59:10 – Other than your book, what do you have going on in the future?