This is our interview with Lisa Gross of The League of Kitchens. The League of Kitchens runs a series of workshops in New York City to bring together excellent home cooks and people that want to learn to cook great food from around the world.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 97 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- 0:45 – What is the League of Kitchens?
- 1:00 – Who are these workshops open for?
- 1:45 – What inspired you to start the League of Kitchens?
- 3:30 – Who are the chefs and families? Where are they from? What’s their story?
- 6:00 – How do you find your instructors?
- 7:20 – Why is this important?
- 9:30 – Have you noticed a trend towards “healthifying” traditional foods?
- 13:20 – What can the health community take away from traditional cooking?
- 17:30 – What are some of your favorites that you’ve had in your classes?
- 19:45 – Where are you located?
- 20:20 – What could people explore in terms of spices?
- 24:00 – Where can people find out more about League of Kitchens? What’s coming up in the near future?