This is episode 11 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Leigh Peele. Leigh is based out of North Carolina and comes from a music background, bringing an interesting and diverse perspective to the field.
We sat down with Leigh to talk about what she’s listening to these days, her opinion of what’s going on in the crazy diet world, how she’d change the industry if she had a magic wand, the mistakes she sees people making in their pursuit of better health, and the strategies she uses for long-term fitness success.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 11 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- What is The Clutch Society?
- What music are you listening to right now?
- How did you get into this fitness and nutrition career?
- Tell us about your Fat Loss Troubleshoot. Why did you decide to create that product?
- What is the most common mistake or problem that people need to troubleshoot?
- Is the macronutrient composition of the diet that important or overblown?
- What is your opinion of people who promote a one-size-fits-all diet, specifically low-carb, high-fat?
- What is your opinion of Tracy Anderson?
- Is sugar a toxic poison that we should all avoid?
- What is the most effective strategy for people, particularly women, who want to lose weight?
- How do people maintain their successes long-term?
- How do you choose your calorie target?
- Do you see people running into issues of having their calories too low?
- Tell us about your Starve Mode book that just came out.
- If you could reform or upgrade the fitness industry, what 1 or 2 things do you think would be key to improving it?
To learn more about metabolism, starvation mode (does it even exist?), hormones, and resetting metabolic rate, check out Leigh’s new e-book Starve Mode.
Let us know what you think in the comments