This is episode 15 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Baba Brinkman, a rap artist with a strong scientific mind. Baba raps about human nature, evolution, the business world, cancer, and numerous other scientific topics. He’s not afraid to push buttons and get controversial, which is something you know we love.
We’ve cut up the interview with parts of some of Baba’s songs that we mention. Hopefully you don’t find it too intrusive on the interview. You can get any of these tracks on his Bandcamp page at http://bababrinkman.bandcamp.com/.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 15 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- What are you up to these days?
- Tell us about the concept behind your new single Revenge of the Somatic.
- What’s behind the idea that cancer is 100% preventable and can be cured solely with diet?
- What is your most popular topic and what is your most controversial?
- Tell us about your Don’t Sleep With Mean People campaign and any feedback you’re getting on it.
- You rap about evolutionary psychology in Survival of the Fittest. What is evolutionary psychology?
- Is it natural or normal for people to seek a group affiliation and is it problematic in mainstream society?
- Can you talk about You Can’t See Me from the album “Rap Guide To Human Nature”.
- Is cognitive dissonance good for the organism?
- Can you explain Pat Robertson?
- In Off That, you talk about being skeptical. What tools can people apply to not get taken advantage of by gurus? How can we gauge people’s motivations?
- Are some people inherently bad/evil? Is it a dichotomy or a continuum?
- Who is Mr Infomatic?
- What about skepticism in regards to climate change and denialism?
- Is there a hierarchy of importance in environmental issues? Soil? Water?
- Talk about The Rap Guide To Business. What got you into rapping about science?
- What are you up to now and where are you going next?
- Do you have any suggestions for people to read regarding why humans seek out religion?
Baba mentioned several books for those interested in some additional knowledge. They are:
Purchase any of Baba’s music at http://bababrinkman.bandcamp.com/
Let us know what you think in the comments