This is episode 17 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we cover a variety of topics. First, we talk a little trash about diet gurus and their followers, including informing you of the very surprising fact that Suzanne Somers isn’t a diet expert.
We answer some listener questions about salt, PUFAs, how to gain mass as a skinny dude, driving a caloric surplus with processed foods, and healing digestive health. Then we’ll touch on 3 current events: the proposed trans fat ban, an article exonerating saturated fat, and the upcoming “Survive The Holidays” mentality.
Finally, Antonio has a few stories to tell that may or may not have anything to do with anything health-related, but are always entertaining.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 17 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- This Week In Diet Shenanigans – 1:04
- This just in: Suzanne Somers isn’t a diet expert. Who knew?
- From one restrictive diet to another
- Paleo diet guru: “Please stop telling people when you stop eating Paleo. You’re scaring the flock.”
- Feeling guilty about not following your diet perfectly?
- Does your diet keep you from eating out?
- Listener Questions – 15:35
- How is the Paleo diet high in PUFAs and how can I avoid eating too many?
- Salt intake
- Increasing appetite for skinny dudes
- Using processed foods to drive a caloric surplus
- How did Antonio heal his digestive health?
- Other Topics On Our Minds – 48:15
- The recently proposed trans fat ban
- Saturated fat exonerated
- How to survive the coming onslaught of “Surviving the Holidays” posts
- Antonio’s Amusing Anecdotes – 1:10:03
Let us know what you think in the comments