This is episode 22 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview Tim Arndt. Tim is a biomechanics expert with over a decade of experience, having managed fitness training and education for Nautilus and doing biomechanics consulting with Bowflex.
This episode has a ton of information for personal trainers, as well as those looking to hire a personal trainer. Even if you’re not a trainer or hiring one, you’ll find some useful training tips in here.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 22 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- Tell us about yourself
- What is a Masters in Human Movement? How does it compare to other degrees like Kinesiology?
- What do you think a trainers job “really” is?
- What do you do when you have clients that have unreasonable expectations or ideas or want to tell the trainer what they should be doing?
- You’ve talked about how folks should not follow exercise protocols. What do you mean by that?
- How can a beginner or novice benefit from this idea?
- What about people that have no experience? Should they hire a trainer for a session or two?
- What about group fitness classes and videos?
- Can you discuss form vs. orchestration?
- What kind of cues would you give a client?
- The Biggest Loser…again
- What should a client be asking the trainer? How does a client make sure their goals are congruent with trainer?
- What is your opinion of CrossFit?
- What’s the difference between a dumbbell and a barbell? Why can someone do a 200lb barbell bench press but not two 100lb dumbbells?
- Why can someone bench press a lot and do very few pushups?
- How can people progress their pushups?
- How many days a week do you encourage your clients to workout?
- What about strength vs. cardio?
- Are there differences between times of day?
- Are there drawbacks to band training? Is Bowflex actually band training?
- What do you think about corrective exercise and postural work?
- If people are working out on their own, what are some important ideas should know?
- Should people squat below parallel?
- Do you have a preference of Romanian deadlift or regular deadlift?
- If you could suggest to the fitness industry positive advice, how can the industry do better?
- Is sugar evil?
Fit Sense podcast (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/fit-sense/id542053714?mt=2)
Tim Arndt Fitness (http://www.timarndtfitness.com/)
Let us know what you think in the comments