This is episode 28 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re going to interview Maria Brilaki, the author of Surprisingly Unstuck, which was relaunched on January 13th. Maria is a personal trainer in San Francisco.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 28 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- What’s your story in the diet and fitness world?
- What’s Surprisingly Unstuck about?
- Why do so many people give up on their New Years Resolutions?
- Should we set big, scary goals?
- What about willpower? Do you just have to have more willpower?
- Can you explain how the brain handles short-term vs long-term goals?
- How do you suggest people make changes that get them to their goals?
- Why do you think people want complicated schemes when easy schemes are what ultimately work best?
- Do you have any particular tools that you use to help your clients succeed?
- So removing and creating triggers is part of the process?
- What do you think about using apps or technology to support themselves?
- Do you have a position on alcohol for people trying to lose weight?
- You mention “self-whipping” which we talk about quite often. Why doesn’t it work?
- Is there a difference between motivation and inspiration?
- You have a short section on “planning for joy”. Why do you think that’s important?
- What is your fitness philosophy? What can you suggest for people to get good result?
- Can you tell us about your book and your Exercise Bliss program?
- If you could suggest positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?
- Is sugar evil?
Surprisingly Unstuck by Maria Brilaki – Available on Amazon
Fitness Reloaded, Maria’s blog (http://fitnessreloaded.com/)
Exercise Bliss (http://exercisebliss.com/)
Let us know what you think in the comments