This is episode 30 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re going to interview Jake Johnson. Jake writes at JJ Strength.com. He’s currently finishing his degree in Health & Exercise Science and has a lot of great ideas about the diet and fitness industries.
Just a heads up, there are a few parts with some technical difficulties.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 30 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- Jake, what do you do?
- What are you wanting to do with your degree?
- Which fad diets did you get into?
- What is carb backloading?
- What about the “you didn’t do it right” argument?
- How do you eat today? Do you have a particular philosophy?
- What do you do for training?
- Can you talk about your recent article on Antonio’s site?
- What about your contribution to the bundle?
- Thoughts on general debating skills and scientific literacy
- What else are you working on these days?
- Does sugar cause cancer?
- If you could suggest positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?
- Is sugar evil?
Jake’s guest post on Antonio’s blog: Scientific Illiteracy in the Diet Industry (http://healthyurbankitchen.com/blog/scientific-illiteracy-in-the-diet-industry/)
Australian paradox (http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/13/898)
Let us know what you think in the comments