This is episode 32 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re going to interview Dick Talens, co-founder of Fitocracy.com. Dick has a really interesting journey, going from an overweight kid to the owner of one of the largest online fitness communities in the world.
Dick has good ideas and insight about how he helps his clients achieve their fitness and weight loss goals, create new habits, set realistic expectations, and generally improve their health.
Fitocracy has offered a special discount code for Evil Sugar Radio listeners. Sign up for an online group fitness course with one of Fitocracy’s experts with the code “EVILSUGAR” and you’ll receive 20% off.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 32 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- Where you overweight as a child or teenager?
- What was your wake-up call?
- What kind of exercise did you do?
- Did you go too low in calories?
- What did you do to build 20lbs of muscle?
- When did you first compete in bodybuilding?
- Do you think it’s a good idea to have some type of contest as a motivator?
- How do you help set your clients’ expectations?
- Do you tend to push clients to low-carb or low-fat or just let it fall where it may?
- What do you suggest for protein?
- How do you get someone to create new habits?
- Do you see a tendency for some clients to binge eat?
- Are there some signs that a certain type of client may be prone to binge eating?
- What is Fitocracy?
- What made you start Fitocracy?
- If you could suggest positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?
- Is sugar evil?
Let us know what you think in the comments