This is episode 33 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re going to interview Danny Roddy, author of Hair Like A Fox. Danny came to the health and fitness game from a different perspective than most of us, trying to fix his hair loss.
Danny has interesting takes on Ray Peat’s ideas, cellular metabolism, and how diet affects overall health and hair loss. This episode gets deep into scientific principles, but Danny is great at breaking them down for the layperson.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 33 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- Random information about Danny Roddy
- How did you get into health and fitness?
- What are some common misconceptions about Ray Peat’s work?
- What does cellular health mean?
- What is ATP?
- How do the types of fat you eat affect cellular metabolism?
- What interferes with energy production?
- How do low-carb diets affect thyroid and stress hormones?
- What about long-term low-carb diets?
- Specifically, what about saturated fatty acids and burning fat for fuel?
- What are prostaglandins?
- So in terms of practical application, what are some general ideas?
- What does the lay person need to know?
- What are some of the things that can interfere with normal sex drive?
- Can you talk about sugar?
- What about fructose? Is it inherently dangerous?
- What about protein? Do you think there are minimum amounts? Some types of protein that are better?
- What about fats?
- If you could suggest positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?
- In the online health space, what can people do to improve how we interact?
Let us know what you think in the comments