This is episode 34 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re going to interview Matthew Bowen, a diabetes researcher working on his Masters in Pharmacy at the University of Saskatchewan with a focus on nutrition and the endocrine system. Matthew also looks at the effects of intermittent fasting on Type 2 Diabetes.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 34 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- What are successful weight loss strategies? Low-carb, high-carb, etc?
- How can people figure out what they should do to lose weight?
- Is there value to cycling the various diets?
- Does it come down to calories?
- Are there particular problems with people’s diet mentality and how can people avoid them?
- What about ketogenic, very low-carb diets?
- What about chronic high blood sugar levels?
- What about ‘moderation’? What does moderation even mean?
- What’s your take on Intermittent Fasting? Who is it good for and when?
- What about potential problems from Intermittent Fasting in women?
- How much truth is there to all of the hormone speak in the diet world?
- What’s it like to be a researcher? Can you talk about bias, funding, researching, publishing?
- Can diet cure disease? What about sugar causing cancer or diabetes?
- Can you sum up diet and exercise advice for the average person?
- What’s up with your blog? What was your article Diets of Exclusion about?
- If you could suggest positive advice to the fitness industry, how can the industry do better?
- Is sugar evil?
- At a high level, what causes diabetes?
The Porcelain Doll Diet http://dyenutrition.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/the-porcelain-doll-diet/
Diets of Exclusion http://dyenutrition.wordpress.com/2012/11/05/diets-of-exclusion/
Let us know what you think in the comments