This is episode 35 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re going to answer listener questions, talk about a few current events, and discuss some things on our minds.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 35 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- Intro & Current Events – 0:00
- Is meat as bad as smoking?
- What’s not being discussed in the GMO debate?
- Healthy living advice from centenarians
- 120 science journals pulled for being computer-generated gibberish
- CA legalizes selling of homemade food
- Listener Questions – 12:25
- Thoughts on Dr. McDougall’s take on Grain Brain and Wheat Belly. – 12:25
- Tangent on comparing humans to cattle – 16:40
- Do we have any shows on binge eating? – 25:20
- What do we think about putting coconut oil in your coffee? – 26:40
- How to help clients that come in with a brain full of misinformation? – 31:35
- Do we have any suggestions on furthering one’s education in the health field? – 42:40
Is meat really as bad as smoking? (Examine.com) http://tinyurl.com/q8pnfah
“Eat and sleep and you will live a long time. You have to learn to relax.” (Yahoo! News) http://tinyurl.com/ljhatk8
Over 120 Science Journal Papers Pulled for Being Total Gibberish (Gizmodo.com) http://tinyurl.com/n4j4nob
“Nobel prize winner Sydney Brenner says peer review is broken and the institution of science is full of corrupt bureaucrats operating under perverse incentives” (Kings Review.co.uk) http://tinyurl.com/l2qgs4b
California Legalized Selling Food Made At Home And Created Over A Thousand Local Businesses (Forbes.com) http://tinyurl.com/lyjmh4o
GMOs, Silver Bullets, & The Trap of Reductionist Thinking (Ensia.com) http://tinyurl.com/q8r5x7j
Five easy ways to detect a BS news story (Cracked.com) http://tinyurl.com/oenfa6w
Let us know what you think in the comments