This is episode 7 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we’re interviewing Amber Rogers of GoKaleo.com. Amber is the founder of Facebook’s popular Eating The Food group and the author of Taking Up Space: a Guide to Escaping the Diet Maze.
Listen in as she tells us about her journey through the diet world, her advice for people still on the diet rollercoaster, the normalization of eating disorders, and how to start getting healthy today. Aside from being full of incredible information, she’s also super sweet and was incredibly patient with some technical difficulties during the recording.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 7 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- How did you get into this crazy diet/nutrition world?
- Tell us in your words what Eating The Food is all about.
- What are the similarities between diet recovery and the idea of ETF?
- What other programs/blogs are similar to ETF, beside Go Kaleo?
- Tell us about the normalization of eating disorders.
- What are some mistakes and misconceptions about diet recovery?
- What are the most common types of eating disorders that you see?
- How should people be exercising when they first start out?
- Where should people go to find a good professional trainer?
- Tell us about your book, Taking Up Space
A Bowl of Ice Cream & Some Good Links
Amber mentioned some similar sites in the podcast. Here they are:
- Geneen Roth
- Gwyneth Owen’s Your Eatopia
- Ellyn Satter Institute
- If It Fits Your Macros
- Happy Eaters
- Eat More 2 Weigh Less
Please let us know what you thought of the show.