This is episode 9 of Evil Sugar Radio. In this episode, we interview LA-based fitness and nutrition expert Alan Aragon. Alan has a Masters in Nutrition and 20 years of success in the fitness field, working with several large fitness and nutrition organizations, multiple professional athletes, and serving as a nutrition adviser to Men’s Health magazine.
When you’re done with this episode, you’ll know Alan’s views on Gary Taubes, basic strategies for long-term weight loss and fitness success, a new way to look at weight loss plateaus, and which dessert he’d pick if it were the only one he could eat for the rest of his life.
As always, if you’re enjoying the show, please rate us in iTunes.
Episode 9 Overview
Here’s an overview of what we’ll be talking about in this episode:
- Who is Alan Aragon?
- What is “Alan Aragon’s Research Review”? Who is the target audience?
- What is your most popular topic in the Research Review?
- Alan’s thoughts on Gary Taubes and his idea of weight loss and gain
- What are Antonio’s “Three Types of Gurus” and how do we gauge whether someone is sincere (but wrong) or preying on people’s insecurities?
- We see a lot of people fail at weight loss. What strategies do we know work in the long-term?
- What do you think about macronutrient ratios? Is there a hierarchy of importance?
- Low-carb advice is pretty popular. Is there a use for low-carb? How do a person’s goals affect carb intake?
- What about general exercise strategies for the regular people?
- Talk about weight-loss plateaus. How do we handle them? Should we try to break through plateaus?
- Who are healthy people around the world and what are they doing? Is it possible to enjoy food, be strong and healthy, and not turn into a nutcase about all of this?
- If you could only eat one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Let us know what you think in the comments